We pride ourselves in preparing referees to meet the demands of the modern game by using up to date practices, procedures, training methods and supported by a dedicated team. Our mentors like our coaches are all experienced, credible, passionate and committed to working with each referee to help them reach their own potential.
With a blended learning approach, we will work with each referee and adopt a learning style that suits them as individuals; we won’t dictate how they learn, we will create a two-way relationship built on trust with a flexible approach to how, when and where they learn and develop.
What is Mentoring?
- Part of a support mechanism for new referees and those who have moved to a new level
- A person willing to share direct experience in refereeing, by assisting someone ready to grow in the same role
- A partnership between a mentor and a new referee who requests advice and guidance from the mentor who offers support and possible solutions
- A medium term relationship
Principle of Mentoring Referees
- A mentor will use a blend of observation, talking, listening, questioning and reflecting
- The first line of support for new referees or those operating at a new level
- Learns from disappointments as well as successes
- Gets results by doing rather than simply talking
- Empowers others – by sharing skills and experiences
- Ongoing relationship rather than a one-off event