iRespect App Help Guide
Welcome to the help guide for the iRespect App, we have created this to help you navigate around the functionality in order to get the best out of it.
Once you have downloaded the app from the App Store and registered your details you are now ready to start.
- Initial login – When you first open the app (after registration) you will see an alert that tells you how much storage you have on your phone, make sure you have at least 10 GB of storage to be on the safe side, also at this point it’s a good idea to make sure your phone is fully charged and close any unwanted apps or services to prevent issues.
- Enable Do-Not-Disturb (DND) – The next alert will ask to you to make sure your Do-Not-Disturb mode is enabled, if this isn’t then go to you settings and enable DND as it will ensure your recording remains in operation.
- Home Screen – , you will see at the top right hand side the ‘settings;’ icon, if you click here you will see all the app settings that you can enable/disable to ensure your recording is uninterrupted as well as other options
- Main Menu – At the top left-hand side of the screen the menu, click here and it will take you to a range of menu options such as Games / My Profile / Help Guide Contact Us / Logout
- The ‘games’ option will show the date of the games and video clips you have kept
- My Profile is pretty self-explanatory as this is where your phone details are kept, you can click on ‘update’ and edit your details
- Recording/Tagging – From the home screen you can click on ‘record’ and start to record the game, if you come across an incident you can hit the ‘tag’ button during recording, this will then retain the time period for you to edit later, the tagged incident can retain up a maximum of 3 minutes per tag. Note the tag feature only works during recording mode.
- Panic Button – If you feel vulnerable /under threat, you can hit the panic button on the home screen and an automated message will be sent to the registered contact on the app.
- Tags – Once you have recorded your ‘tags’ you can view the tag points by clicking Menu > Games. If you have missed ‘tagging’ an incident during play you can create a tag manually from your saved games. You can do this by going to you Games, by clicking on the relevant recorded video in ‘saved games’ the screen will give you two options, Add New Tag / Delete Game.
- Adding New Tag – Click on ‘Add New Tag’ and identify the minute using your notes within the video and select the start and end minutes of the tag. Next a Game Tag will appear in the list and then again you can tweak the minutes, (max 3mins) try to keep it 1-2 mins, then press the save icon, a pop up will allow you to rate the ‘tag’ either Red / Amber / Green, you can decide the colour by the severity of the offence and add some text about the incident, such as ‘possible yellow card’ ‘penalty situation’ etc this will then start ‘saving’ it may take a few minutes depending on the speed of the processor of your phone.
- Uploading Tags – Once the ‘tag’ has been successfully saved, you can click on the upload icon and this will then be sent and saved on the server and you can delete the ‘tag’ from your phone to save space.
- Your ‘tag’ will be unencrypted, checked and available for you to access through your online account.
- The ‘tag’ will be stored on the server for one week, if it hasn’t been downloaded by the user by then it will be deleted.